Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade - COBRAS or DiRT

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I need to take 2 primary unity servers each with on-box exchange and migrate both db's to a single new unity 7.0 server w/failover, partnering to the corporate exchange for UM.

What is recommended utilizing COBRAS for db migration or DiRT? From what I understand COBRAS would be the preferred tool in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at this

Unified Communications Applications: CORBAS and server consolidation

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd349e0

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

any time you want to "merge" data from multiple systems to one, COBRAS is your only option - diRT gets more data but is a complete DB drop and replace which precludes merging anything.

The COBRAS help file covers some of the differences between the two app and goes into what COBRAS does not get (switch config data, COS, licensing info etc...).

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

Hi,

Agreed, but in our scenario I think were going to move forward with DiRT on the first production Unity and COBRAS on the second.

This way we get everything over with the DiRT backup, upgrade it to 7.0 and then migrate only what we need from the second existing Unity.

Does this make sense?

sure - that'll work assuming you're moving to and from the same version of Unity (DiRT requires this - COBRAS does not). If so that sounds like the way to go.

lindborg,

Yah keeping it the same 5.0 on new server, running COBRAS after DiRT to grab the distribution mbx programming and then upgrading the new server to 7.0

And finally just COBRAS on the second production Unity. I think this is more involved, but will cover all aspects of the migration.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: