cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to have telcom switch to prefix 1 to a long distance call?

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

On CME, I can prefix 9 on all incoming calls, however, it's difficult to distinguish local calls and long distance calls. CME can't accommodate so many translation rules. long distance calls need prefixes 9 and 1. if telco switch is able to prefix 1 to the LD numbers sent to CME, it would do the trick.

thanks,

Jon

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Telco will never do that for you.

It is possible to configure translation-rules to behave smart, I did that in some occasion.

Hi Jon,

You can do this fairly easily. I assume you're trying to change the caller ID so that people can redial easily.

You get 16 rules, so you can do a pretty good amount, given that you don't already have a large pre-existing amount of rules.

I would think something like this would correctly do what you're looking for:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(..........\)$/ /91\1/

rule 2 /^\(.......\)$/ /1\1/

rule 3 /^\(817.......\)$/ /9\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

translation-profile 1 incoming

What this translates to:

rule 1 - Check for the start of the string, then remember 10 digits, and check for the end of the string. Then, place a 9 and 1 before the string we remembered.

rule 2 - similar, but checks for 7 digits between the beginning and end of the string

rule 3 - example if you have a local area code you do not need to dial 1 for. In this case if you had to dial 817 numbers as 9-817-555-1234, this would cover that.

hth,

nick

Hi, Nick,

the customer uses 10 digits local dialing. there are 2 area codes: 604, 778. the challenge is that only part of 604 and 778 numbers are local, some are LD one.

to me the rules should be like this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(604676....\)$/ /9\1/

rule 2 /^\(778886....\)$/ /9\1/

rule 3 /^\([2-9]..[2-9]......\)$/ /91\1/

rule 15 /\(.*\)/ /9011\1/

I know that some prefixes can be summarized, still the amount is too big.

Another issue is that international calls may fall into the rules for North American calls.

thanks,

Jon

If you have ISDN, international calls will be present as so, and you can configure the translation rule to work for these only.

Hi, Paolo, can you elaborate a little bit? I don't think I get you. the customer is using T1 Pri for PSTN.

Thanks.

Take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" for various types of incoming calls. You can base the translation-rule on the plan/type sent by the switch.

really good idea! I'll verify it when I have a chance. thanks a lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: