cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP flow egress problem?

wonderpug
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2621 router and trying to configure netflow on the S0/0 interface. However, ip flow egress is not available on this IOS. So i did a search for latest IOS that support this command. unfortunately Cisco does not support an IOS that availabe to 2621.

Does someone has alternatve command for IP flow egress or a way to get around to install 12.3T on this router?

thanks

3 Replies 3

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try:

ip route-cache flow

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

they are actually the same. this is what i found from cisco command tool.

Effective with Cisco IOS Releases 12.4(2)T and 12.2(18)SXD, the ip route-cache flow command is replaced by the ip flow ingress command. See the ip flow ingress command for more information.

To enable NetFlow (ingress) accounting for traffic arriving on an interface, use the ip route-cache flow command in interface configuration mode. To disable NetFlow (ingress) accounting for traffic arriving on an interface, use the no form of this command in interface configuration mode.

what i missing is ip flow egress? is there an alternate command for it?

thanks

As you have indicated, 'egress' support started with 12.3(11)T and 2621 only support up to 12.3(Mainline).

Your only option is to enable ingress NetFlow accounting on each interface of the router or upgrade to a newer hardware.

When that hardware was built, NetFlow was a fairly new feature that only supported ingress accounting.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco