What CCNP exam book/topics should I focus on first?

Answered Question
Jul 27th, 2009

I am sure this is mostly based on interest, but I as wondering what anyone would recommend I focus on first in the CCNP certification track. I am studying the BSCI Exam Guide right now, but should I be referencing any of the other books to reinforce certain topics that could be helpful in that exam?

My primary job role is the management of remote sites over an MPLS WAN through two providers with redundant connectivity to two corporate offices. I assume that BSCI, ONT, or ISCW might be the first of the major study guides I need to look at to reinforce my knowledge of our current infrastructure, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had an opinion about it.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by zawtunnaing about 7 years 4 months ago

I am also studying CCNP at the moment and first, my plan was to study BSCI and BCMSN and then to study ISCW and ONT. Since my company is planning to build MPLS VPN across globe, so studying BSCI and ISCW at the same time and trying to study BCMSN whenever I have time and will study ONT after that. I am sure you will need to study ISCW for this purpose but I would suggest study BSCI at the same time.

I am studying the exam guide which I bought from Cisco press, training video from CBT Nuggets and information available from Cisco.com.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jimmysands73_2 Mon, 07/27/2009 - 18:03

I bought the Cisco Press CCNA cert library from Amazon for 125 (including shipping). I started reading the BSCI book, and am taking 2 CCNP courses this fall at NetAcad school, then the final 2 classes this spring, hopefully by this time next year I will be done.

Correct Answer
zawtunnaing Mon, 07/27/2009 - 19:21

I am also studying CCNP at the moment and first, my plan was to study BSCI and BCMSN and then to study ISCW and ONT. Since my company is planning to build MPLS VPN across globe, so studying BSCI and ISCW at the same time and trying to study BCMSN whenever I have time and will study ONT after that. I am sure you will need to study ISCW for this purpose but I would suggest study BSCI at the same time.

I am studying the exam guide which I bought from Cisco press, training video from CBT Nuggets and information available from Cisco.com.

lyranvolcrane Tue, 07/28/2009 - 08:13

Those definitely sound like valid study paths, and I too also purchased the CCNA Certification Kit. I guess I will take a look at the CBT nuggets, and I will see if safari books online has anything as far a video prep, though I know there is quite of bit of reading material there for CCNP for sure.

FYI if you have never been, you should definitely check out Safari www.safaribooksonline.com, I have been using it for a year and a half, and it is great for quick references on the Cisco Press books and others!

Actions

This Discussion