cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route pattern issue.....

baskaranm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using call manager 4.2 version. We are planning to define two same route pattern for local calls. if we do so, will there be any problem in call routing? and please tell me if i make a local call which route pattern the call will choose? is there any way to prioritize the route pattern if we have two route pattern.......

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Route patterns must be unique within a given partition with a given route filter. You can likely accomplish your goal with route lists/route groups.

Brandon

Following on , you can have the exact same Route Patterns with diferent Partitions and assign both of thesee to a CSS. The choice of what Route Pattern is used is based upon the order that the Partitions appear in the CSS. Why would you require the same Route Patterns though?. There be other ways to solve your issue if you can explain more

thanks for your update.this is required because of, we have two voice gateways to prioritize the VGW i need to create 2 RG and GL. instead of that i create 2 route pattern for each call type and pointing 1 gateway for each. so i can reduce the RG & RL confgiuration

What you're doing simply doesn't make sense. What you for some reason are trying to avoid is EXACTLY what you need to do

Two exact route patterns in different partitions make it IMPOSSIBLE to use both GWs as some kind of failover. Best match routing. You will NEVER reach the 2nd route pattern, you can only reach 1 at any given time. Read Dial Plan section from SRND if you want more information.

You need 1 route pattern, and a RG with the 2 GWs OR 2 RGs each one with 1 GW and both in the RL.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for your update. i need one more clarification. we have 2 VGW each gateway contains 3 PRI links. RG & RL has been configured correctly and associated with route pattern.

what I want is, IF ALL VGW1 LINKS ARE BUSY CALL WILL ROUTED TO VGW2 (OR) VGW1 ANG VGW1 LINKS FAILED THEN ONLY CALLS WILL WILL BE ROUTED TO VG2.

BECAUSE OUR REQUIREMENT IS IF ALL THE LINKS IN VGW1 ARE BUSY CALLS HAS TO BE REDIRECTED TO VGW2. BUT ONE OF OUR COLINGUE IS TELLING VG1 OR ALL VGW1 LINKS FAILED THEN ONLY IT WILL ROUTE TO VGW2.

RG ABD RL HAS BEEN CONFIGURED PROPERLY.