Helpful
Replies

BARGE without Shared LIne

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer wants to use Silent Barge Funtionality without using a shared line

and using only CUCM 7.X. At the moment he is able to achieve this using Nortel PBX and he expects the same from CUCM also.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shams

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not possible with just CUCM, you would need something like UCCX or UCCE which provide monitoring

CUCM barge is only with shared lines.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could also look at third-party products from Nice or Witness that can utilize the Monitoring and Recording functionality built into UCM. Either would provide the ability to silently monitor a user without requiring shared lines.

I'm not sure CCX/CCE would be a good fit unless the monitor targets are contact center agents.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 7.1(2) - Monitoring and Recording

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

Hi Schulenberg,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html this document says you can achieve Silent monitoring on CUCM alone with a SUpervisor desktop agent. I want to know what is this Supervisor desktop agent is it a part of CUCM or does the customer need sto purchse it?

UCM merely provides the framework for other applications to invoke the monitoring and/or recording. UCM does not provide any end user interface for this nor does it provide any archival functionality.

The Supervisor Desktop being referenced in that document is part of Contact Center Enterprise (Contact Center Express does not use this framework yet). Alternatively you can use other compatible products, like as the ones I mentioned above, to provide the UI and archival functions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: