cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding RADIUS VSA to existing Nortel Vendor id 1584

stephen.murray
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to add some VSAs (193,195,195) to the existing Nortel vendor. With a new vendor I'd use Action code 350 to add vendor then action code 352 to add attributes. When I use action code 352 with vendor id of 1584 RDBMS Synch complains that this isn't a UDV.

Using action code 163 seems to need a user or group specifying, which isn't what I'm trying to do, as I want to specify the setting for each user/group as required.

Can anyone give me a clue how I do this?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

It seems that you are getting an error in the "Reports and Activities" -> "RDBMS Synchronization" :

Reason: UDV VSA error - User Defined Vendor/VSA operation failed (Vendor is not user defined)

The problem is that Radius (Nortel) is an existing Vendor in ACS and not a vendor that was added by the user (UDV). Actions 352 and 353 are used in conjunction with action 350 , only for UDVs.

I guess that the workaround for the SW version for adding attributes to default,existing vendors was by adding it directly to the dictionary within the registry.

Install patch for the appliance if needed (just make sure the full list of all attributes you want to add to Radius (Nortel)).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: