cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input, route to external number

Rusty Haferkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible in CCM 4.1 and Unity 4.2 to use a caller input like "press 1 now" to go to a users cell phone? I tried alternate contact number and subscriber. Niether one seems to route outside it alwasy just rolls back to vmail for the oringinating extension.

6 Replies 6

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

If you want a CFNA (Call forward No Answer) or CNB you have to configure these field and assign a Mobile Phone capabil Calling Search Space to these options in the Line/Ext configuration Page in CallManager.

The Unity CTI ports(Voice Mail Call Handlers) should not be used to router calls to mobile phones.

Any more information please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Nico

If I do a CFNA will that allow it to go tvoicemail or won't that just go straight to the forwarded number?

I am trying to allow a caller to have the option to (1) xfer to secretary, (2) try user on cell phone, or (3)leave a message.

Create a dummy call handler, under transfer configure "Yes, ring subscriber at this number: XXXX". that's all you need.

On the one that will have press 2 for mobile, configure attempt transfer to: above call handler

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I am having problems creating the Call Handler. Each time I have done so it sneds the caller straight to our vmail pilot number.

I created a new extension on a 7940 and set that line to CFA to his cell phone. I then set the Attempt Xfer in Unity under Caller Input. It transfers the call succesfully.

Two questions:

1. Is this acceptable or can I use something instead of a configured extension that is set to forward. Seems a bit kooky.

2. When it transfers to cell is it possible to pass through originating callers CLID? Currently is shows our number depending on how I set the mask up in CCM for that line.

The issue is config, if you do as i instructed it will work without a phone with CFA.

You can use the CFA phone if you don't mind wasting a device for that.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sorry for the delayed response. I have it working with the Call Handler.

Last piece, can I get the CLID to pass through so he can see the originating caller?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: