cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

just simple question

bsaid1977
Level 1
Level 1

I use cisco unity 5.0, i use an auto attendant with standard greeting. i need to use Alternate greeting for outside workig time. my problem when i enable Alternate greeting in the status menu, this greeting overred standard greeting, but i need the alternate just for outdide working time .

what is wrong in this configuration.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Said,

You are most welcome my friend! The Alternate Greeting is really used more for "one-up" type requirements, like when I am going on vacation for a week and want to identify my absence to callers. The Closed greeting would be used everyday when the call comes in outside my hours of work, so it is a more "static" type of config.

Hope this makes sense :)

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Said,

No worries, this is expected behaviour with the Alternate Greeting (the Alternate greeting overrides all others). Try using the Closed greeting along with a schedule to give a different greeting outside of normal hours of operation :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

thank you Rob.

so when i actvated Alternate greeting manually,it overrides all others.it dosn't work atomaticly if i cheek "desable" in the Status menu.

In this case, what'is the goal of the Alternate.

Rob, you are the best, always you save my life!!

Hi Said,

You are most welcome my friend! The Alternate Greeting is really used more for "one-up" type requirements, like when I am going on vacation for a week and want to identify my absence to callers. The Closed greeting would be used everyday when the call comes in outside my hours of work, so it is a more "static" type of config.

Hope this makes sense :)

Rob

thank you

the closed greeting use the time in concordance with the time defined in "shedule". And it will work automaticly in outside hours of work : that is right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: