Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Desk Phone not working

crodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue where my CUPC Client cannot connect to my deskphone. I have gone through user, and application setup and all looks fine.

I get Not Connected - Invalid credentials.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM > System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication.

If you're using Active Directory authentication, use port 3268 instead of 389. Then restart CTIManager (on all CUCM servers).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

To use video with desk phone, you need CUVA (Cisco Unified Video Advantage).

Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM > System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication.

If you're using Active Directory authentication, use port 3268 instead of 389. Then restart CTIManager (on all CUCM servers).

Michael

Thank you Michael.

Unfortunately that did not do the trick.

BTW, I've been reading your blog this wek. Very good stuff.

Carlos.

Michael,

Actually, it does work. Thank you so much. I went back and for some reason CUCM did not save my changes.

Thanks for your help. I will rate your post.

One last question, do you know why video is not available with desk phone? Should it be?

To use video with desk phone, you need CUVA (Cisco Unified Video Advantage).

Michael

I thought so. I just had to make some adjustments.

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

we got the same Error. When i take a look at the trace from CTIManager i get the following Errors:

CTI|Available Servers (2)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::Authenticate():exit AUTH_NOT_INITIALIZED|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|Error authentication of user for reading configuration |<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::connect():Exit on Error|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|Failure in LdapDeviceList::Initialize()|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::authenticateUserWithPassword():Exit on Error|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|authenticationDB::login (Done Authenticating using LDAP)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|authenticationDB::login (LDAP FAILED) (-1)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults:enter|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults retCode= -1|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults logLevel is 3|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|CQBEBuilder::BuildQbeMessage(): objectID=3|<:STANDALONECLUSTER>

CTI|CTIHandler::OutputQbeMessage(): TcpHandle=[2:200:7:14] Qbe Prefix={0xb5e408b8,0x7a}

CTI|kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider CTIconnectionId:14 Login User Id:myusername Reason code.:-1932787616

We are using an Openldap for Directory Synch and Authentication. It worked until we upgraded from 6.1.2 to 6.1.4. Any Idea how to troubleshoot?

The LDAP Synchronization works fine with SSL. My OpenLDAP Administrator told me that there is an corrupt SSL-Handshake in his Log at the Timestamp the CTIManager asks for Authentication.

Kind regards,

Vasco

Are you able to log into CUCM user options page with any LDAP credentials?

I guess the LDAP certificate was lost during the upgrade. You might want to double check the "Directory-Trust" certificate in CUCM OS Administration page.

Michael

Yes, i can login. I also double checked the LDAP Certificates. They were indeed broken, but i fixed that already. Both, Authentication and Synchronization are working. Only the CTI-Manager gives me trouble when activating the DeskPhone via CUPC.

Kind regards,

Vasco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: