Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with TSW and CCA 2.0.(1)

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi team,

Got a new box today, and thought I would try out the TSW. After about 75% I got an error stating;

Exception occurred:com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDDeviceException: com.cisco.cp.engine.exception.DatabaseException: Persisting the IncomingDialPlan object of the create command in Database failed

I clicked OK and the Wizard stopped at 99%, I x'ed the window after about half an hour after it stopped on 99%. I then checked the configuration, and I had to change some of it manually, no big deal.

The one thing I noticed is that the error I got from the TSW @ 75% was related to the incoming dialplan. This was both for the user extension and the unassigned numbers routed towards the AA. I tried to make the changes manually (i still used CCA, but after the TSW finished") and I still got some errors.

I've attached the debugs I got from CCA.

This is a 8-user model with softwarepack 7.0.3. I used CCA 2.0.(1)

Thanks

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

Don't use TSW. We avoid it like a [you can fill in an inappropriate statement]. We had a similar thing happen with CCA 2.0, and we ended up resetting the config back to default to correct all the errors.

Sorry can't be more help then that, but we simply have learned to use CCA 2, CUE GUI and CLI to build the configuration the way we want. It is obvious that CCA is not the only solution. Even the Cisco lab demo requires CLI to get the "THE OFFICE" demo to work.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

Don't use TSW. We avoid it like a [you can fill in an inappropriate statement]. We had a similar thing happen with CCA 2.0, and we ended up resetting the config back to default to correct all the errors.

Sorry can't be more help then that, but we simply have learned to use CCA 2, CUE GUI and CLI to build the configuration the way we want. It is obvious that CCA is not the only solution. Even the Cisco lab demo requires CLI to get the "THE OFFICE" demo to work.

Hi finalconnect,

I´ve got no problem using CLI, web UI and CCA together. The post is more related towards cisco so that cisco can try fixing bugs with CCA, I would never have used TSW if the deployment wasn´t a 5 user setup. Way to much work fixing it later on ;)

Thanks

Eivind

100% with you!

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone of the cisco guys have any suggetions or inputs on this error?

Thanks

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Can you please open a TAC case for this?

Thanks a lot,

Marcos

Marcos,

The issue appears to be with TSW not the chassis. The last time I tried to open a TAC case against CCA, TAC laughed me out of even opening a case and told me to contact "my pre-sales team." This is just an FYI and a common problem with the UC solution- getting pushed around by the various support pieces.

Eivind - good luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

Marcos,

I would, except I did everything manually instead... Had to deply the uc520 today

Thanks

Eivind

We take cases for CCA directly. I will try to determine what's going on here. Can you privately email me some TAC case numbers?

Marcos

Uhhmm...,

I had to deploy the UC520 today, so I didn't create any tac case since I resolved the incoming dialling rules manually...

Regards

Eivind

No problem. I will use the ones from finalconnect if he can email them to me.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: