cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 common services devices report

draganskundric
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to include SNMP location value into detailed devices report in Common services? Max I can do is to include user fields. I woul really like to have location also

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm confused. The Detailed Device Report is in RME, and it already includes the sysLocation in the System Information section at the top.

yes but I do not like this report and I would like to use one from common services. I do not like RME report because it includes all IP addresses of device and I need report like this

device name, mgmt IP addr, location

Common Services does not track sysLocation. In order to get this data, you need RME. You might try the RME Software Report which is not nearly as verbose as the Detailed Device Report. It will give you name and location, but not necessarily the management IP unless that happens to be the same as the name.

great product this ciscoworks. Do you see any other way I could get this kind of report or export. Mybe some kind of script that could reed both databases and produce what I need?

br

Yes, in LMS 3.2 you could use the direct database access to build exactly the report you want by reading these attributes from the cmf and rmeng databases. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/database_schema/guide/dbviews.html for more details.

In earlier versions of LMS, this is still possible. You would need to use the dcrcli command to export the device name and management IP data. For example, export the DCR data to a CSV file:

dcrcli -u admin cmd=exp fn=/tmp/dcr.csv ft=csv

Then, assuming you have created a custom report in RME to get the Device Name and Location, you could run that report with cwcli to get a CSV export:

cwcli invreport -u admin -p admin -reportname Location -file /tmp/rme.csv -device %

Then, map the device name from the rme.csv report to the display_name field from the dcr.csv report, and you can build your combined report.

and upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 I guess is not free

It is free. You can go to http://www.cisco.com/go/lms/ and download the 3.2 eval which will become a fully-licensed version when you install your LMS 3.1 license.

go to RME > Reports > Custom Report Templates > Create

and select "Inventory" as the Application Selection, define a Report Name and create a rule like the following:

System:Location:equals:All

AND:System:Nmae:equals:All

AND:IP Adress:IP Address:equals:ALL

I did not know a way to get the actual management IP, just a list of all IP addresses. Perhaps you can change the IP Address filter to match a certain range of IP Addresses that you know are in the scope of the possible management IPs.

When you have finished this cusotm report template you can use it to generate a report by going to RME > Reports > Report Generater and Select "Inventory" as the Application and your newly created report name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: