Views
Helpful
Replies

Wake-On-LAN to subinterfaces on an ASA 5540

brianhill88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to get Wake-On-Lan working across subinterfaces on an ASA 5540. I currently have a layer 2 switch with a trunk port to the ASA. That ASA interface contains all the subinterfaces. On a layer 3 switch I would create an access-list permiting the WOL server and then apply the "ip directed-broadcast <access-list>" on each VLAN. The subinterfaces on the ASA don't support that command. Is there a way to do this on an ASA?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

brianhill88
Level 1
Level 1

I found out that ip directed-broadcast is the default. You don't have to change anything.

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In PIX,6.x versions we used to pass directed broadcast traffic through PIX. However, this changed in 7.x. Later a defect was filed do revert back the behavior to pass directed broadcast through ASA/PIX (CSCsc37965). If you are running a image which has a fix for this bug, you should be able to pass "directed" broadcast through ASA. There is no command required to make this work.

Use bug toolkit within cisco.com to find what images fixed the above mentioned bug.

hTH

Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: