jbrenesj Tue, 07/28/2009 - 15:57

Yes, that is the best way but I want to add that you can actually check most of the commands for a stack member itself.

From the master:

remote command

Example:

C3750-Stack#remote command 2 show ver

C3750-Stack#remote command 2 shoe boot

Leo Laohoo Tue, 07/28/2009 - 18:41

"sh ver" and look for "System serial number" line.

"sh inventory"

kathegaj2 Wed, 07/29/2009 - 05:32

First, thanks to everyone that answered me, it feels effective when you get some kind of answer.

So, nothing in reports that can assist with inventory-ing serial numbers for equipment rather than loopback management.

I have built Netshow jobs that run sh ver | inc System serial and sh diag | inc PCB and in a large environment these are sloppy to parse.

I checked also Contract Status and these also just apply to the master serial.

Any other ideas?

adery6300 Mon, 11/23/2009 - 08:29

kathegaj2 wrote:

First, thanks to everyone that answered me, it feels effective when you get some kind of answer.

So, nothing in reports that can assist with inventory-ing serial numbers for equipment rather than loopback management.

I have built Netshow jobs that run sh ver | inc System serial and sh diag | inc PCB and in a large environment these are sloppy to parse.

I checked also Contract Status and these also just apply to the master serial.

Any other ideas?

You need to create a Custom Report Template in RME Reports.

- Association : don't pick anything

- Inventory Group : Chassis

- Attribute : Chassis Serial Number

- Operator : Contains

- Value : All

Click "Add", then "Save Changes", then Finish.

Then you use your custom report on a selection of device (using Report Generator, Inventory, pick your custom template), and you should be good to go. I then export it to CSV for further editing, sorting, etc.

HTH.

Alex.

Actions

This Discussion