Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Directory Experiencing Very High Disk Utilization

hjavier16
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have experienced a sudden increase in disk utilization in my ciscoworks install directory. it took up all of the disk space until it consumed 100%. i have noticed that the file stdout.log have grown in size, and took up all the disk space. now, no one can login to ciscoworks.

i'm running lms 3.1 on solaris 10.

what might have caused this? can you please give instructions on how to resolve this issue?

thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is definitely CSCsr84529. A patch is available from the TAC for LMS 3.1, but the recommended solution is to upgrade to LMS 3.2.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post some of the content filling up this log. My initial guess is that this could be due to CSCsr84529 which is fixed in LMS 3.2.

hi joe,

thanks for the reply.

i was not able to take a copy of the file because of its very large size. but a message:

'In Broadcast. Exception occured in listLoggedInUsers'

was seen in the log file.

the stdout.log file was reduced to a smaller file after a restart of ciscoworks services. also, there were other files that were generated - stdout.log-OLD-2 and stdout.log-OLD-3. login was again possible after the restart of services, but other features of ciscoworks are still not functioning properly.

This is definitely CSCsr84529. A patch is available from the TAC for LMS 3.1, but the recommended solution is to upgrade to LMS 3.2.

thanks joe!

i will download the lms 3.2 installer and do an upgrade...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco