Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NIC teaming on MCS 7816I3 server

Hi,

Running UCM 7.x on MCS 7816I3 server. It has 2 network ports.Can it possible to do NIC teaming??

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

As per CUCM 7.X SRND

"NIC Teaming for Network Fault Tolerance

The NIC teaming feature allows a server to be connected to the Ethernet via two NICs and, therefore, two cables. NIC teaming prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or increasing the interface speed.

Hewlett-Packard server platforms with dual Ethernet network interface cards can support NIC teaming for Network Fault Tolerance with Cisco Unified CM 5.0(1) or later releases.

IBM server platforms with dual Ethernet network interface cards can support NIC teaming for Network Fault Tolerance with Cisco Unified CM 6.1(2) and later releases. "

And the command to do that as per the CUCM OS CLI Reference Guide is:

"set network failover

This command enables and disables Network Fault Tolerance on the Media Convergence Server network interface card.

Command Syntax

failover {enable | disable}

Parameters

•enable enables Network Fault Tolerance.

•disable disables Network Fault Tolerance.

Requirements

Command privilege level: 1

Allowed during upgrade: No "

The referenced guides:

SRND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html#wp1043624

CLI Ref

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_1_2/cli_ref_712.html#wp40017

I've personally done it only with HP servers but guess it would work with IBM too.

BR,

Stoyan

Does this setting survive across restarts of the server?

Because of the short outage involved, I would hate to have to perform it every time the server is restarted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: