Best Implementation Solution with what products

Unanswered Question

Hi, this is more of a sales/technical question.

We are a global company with 3 call manager clusters one in Europe, One in US and one in Asia. We currently have 2 helpdesks one in europe (8 people) and one in America (15 people) and currently have 2 independant Contact Center express servers hanging of the 2 Call manager clusters. Management are looking to combine the helpdesks to make reporting easier and have the agents in europe be able to pick up US calls if all there agents are busy.

What do people suggest for this? Can one clustered CCX server hang off 2 call manager clusters? Would this hammer the network links if the master CCX server is in US and all european calls go to this server first before the agent gets the call. I am looking for a little information to provide to management so that we can look at budgeting this for next year.

Thanks

Simon

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 07/29/2009 - 11:53

What do people suggest for this?

Contact Center Enterprise/ICM is the product for coordinating multiple CCX clusters.

Can one clustered CCX server hang off 2 call manager clusters?

No.

Would this hammer the network links if the master CCX server is in US and all european calls go to this server first before the agent gets the call. I am looking for a little information to provide to management so that we can look at budgeting this for next year.

Not really applicable to the question as you've asked it; however, I'll address some related points:

-The agents, their phone, and the CCX cluster must reside within the same UCM cluster; however, there is nothing preventing the call from being routed between clusters prior to arriving at the CTI Route Point.

-If you merged the UCM clusters, you will be able to extend the CCX cluster across the WAN starting in 8.x. Note that the clustering documentation does not exist yet because the product has not been released. The BU is suggesting people assume similar requirements to the UCM WAN HA requirements for bandwidth and latency until final numbers are released.

-You could create a new UCM and CCX cluster, put all of your agents on that, and route all calls to that. Note that you would really need to look at RSVP-enabled CAC in this scenario to keep the priority queue's integrity.

-As for latency requirements for agents themselves: The CCX SRND addresses this within the Remote Agent Traffic Profile on page 108:

Solution Reference Network Design for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf

Actions

This Discussion