Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 /File .lic

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, dears all,

I would like to know if from files in.lic

, we could find back the PAK number or an equal which could be used for a contract in CISCO.

I have 5 files in .lic and 2 files .data

Thanks

Richard

6 Replies 6

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The PAK number is listed in the .lic file, at least for LMS 3.x, something like this:

FEATURE RME cisco 4.1 permanent 5000 \

VENDOR_STRING=LMS30 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="200701120643338111

\

1233J4A000B" SIGN=T3634222234C

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the installed licenses files in LMS (NMSROOT\etc\licenses\*.lic) are plain text files and contain the PAK between the flag and <\PAK>.

Yes, this is the PAK for which the license was generated.

What i have is , between the 2 tag:

dummyPak" and a SIGN value.

Could this Sign value be reaffected to a permanent PAK number ?

I think it will assign to the file pak.data after that , isn't it ?

I checked on my LMS 3.1 system and the pinpak.dat file is empty- i assume it is the same in LMS 2.6. I checked several licenses files and cannot see a way to map the SIGN value to a PAK - instead it even changes with every application line in the license file.

There is another way - you need the Purchase Order (PO) or Sales Order (SO) number. With this information you or your Cisco partner should be able to track back to the PAK and the Contract number.I have dones this successfully in the past.

In fact on 5 .lic files ,on the server there is only one valid for the installation done.

The sign value has been different for each application for the LIC file valid.

The other 4 files .lic have been generated after the upgrade done.They contain no PAK but just the index of the versionning of the application.

Richard

does this mean you have one license file with a valid PAK?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: