cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Injector Question

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

I have 2 4404 WLC's with about 100 1131AG LWAP's. Every once in a while an AP stops talking to the WLC and I am forced to physically unplug it and plug it back in to get it to start talking to the WLC again.

For AP's on a PoE switch I have been able to do this remotely by disabling the inline power on the interface, and then bringing it back up. That generally works.

However - and here is my somewhat silly, but hopeful question - for AP's that are connected to non-PoE switches with a Power Injector - is there any way to remotely disable the inline power on a Power Injector to affect a similar reboot? :)

Don't be too hard on me now. Cheers.

Rob

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way because injectors are passive devices.

You should figure out what bug freezes the APs in first place.

The alternative is a serial-controlled power switch.

I'd love to find out what is causing the random freezing, but there doesn't appear to be any indication of what it is.

Thanks for the help!

For other devices, it was said that mysterious freezes were caused by the radio module catching interference, but I have no evidence to support this theory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: