cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling wirless antenna when connected to wire

ckgilliam
Level 1
Level 1

I`m looking for the best way to have laptop users antenna`s disable when connected to ethernet and re-enable when disconnecting from ethernet. I know access connections will do this but we also have Dell and HP laptops and were looking for a way to work with all the laptops.

5 Replies 5

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

That is a function of the supplicant. Some supplicants such as CSSC offer this feature, others don't.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's a setting in the BIOS called "LAN Networking" and default, it's disabled.

This will allow only one interface to remain active while the other goes down.

Hope this helps.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ckgilliam,

There are a number of client, including Intel which is widely adopted..

Here is a link i contributed to a number of months ago... I also included screen prints...

If you find this helpful please rate the post. (Trying to catch up to Leo the great!)

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40.2cd28a97/5#selected_message

you will need to grab the entire link ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for the info. We do use Intel Proset on the few HP`s we have but the IBM and Dell laptops we have have different adapters.

You can purchase the cisco or funk wireless supplicant to control this NIC function.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin