Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP CUBE Issues

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Global Crossing SIP Trunk and CUBE connected to a CM 6.1.2 via a SIP Trunk, SIP_SIP CUBE.

With voice-class sip rel1xx system command and voice-class early-offer forced command both set on the outbound dial-peer, I am able to change order of preferred codecs in voice-class codec 1 and the provider sends me the codec I want, this part works fine.

The first issue is this, when an outbound fax machine places a call (G711 for faxing and in a G711 RE), it matches the one outbound dialpeer with voice-class codec 1 preferred g729/g711, the provider detects fax tone and sends me a re-invite for g711, we send back a 100 trying, bye and disconnect. How do we configure cube/cm to respond to the reinvite properly and send codec at g711 for the fax call? G711 only T38 not configured.

Issue 2, for inbound calls, provider sends an early-offer with g711/g729, we only respond with g711 and all calls go g711 inbound. I assume this is because I only have one sip trunk in CM and its in a G711RE? I have a voice-class codec 2 command on the inbound dial-peer but the order of preferred codecs has no affect. Is the fix for this to add a second SIP Trunk with the same destination IP or perhaps a different IP on another loopback on the same CUBE?

I attached a sip trace for the outbound fax issue.

Thanks for any help or suggested resources, I have searched the wiki and Cisco with no real help found for these issues.

Regards,

Chuck

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chuck,

Codec transparent may work for your incoming codec problem.

Generally the problems like that are restricted only when an MTP is required - the MTP cannot change codecs mid-call.

-nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Chuck,

From what I understand there is a bug with switching codecs mid-call with a voice-class codec. There are some problems and restrictions with voice class codecs on CUBE - notably that your voice class codec needs to be in the same order on both the incoming and outgoing dial peer. You may want to try this with 'codec transparent' on both instead of a voice-class codec.

Alternatively, you could try hardcoding g729r8 on the dial peer, but also configure fax - which will override it. This is assuming you want all calls that are not fax to be g729.

-nick

Hi Nick, I identified a bug in 12.4(20)T2 that descibed the up-speed problem for faxing exactly what I was seeing. I downloaded 12.4(24)T1 and the codec regotiation now works. The remaining issue is inbound calls, how to use both codecs, I'm still researching that one.

Regards,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Codec transparent may work for your incoming codec problem.

Generally the problems like that are restricted only when an MTP is required - the MTP cannot change codecs mid-call.

-nick

Hi nick, I wasn't going to try tha transparent codec as i am doing sip-sip and accoridng to the cube doc, tranparent codec is not supported on cube and the last time I tested it on 12.4(20)T2, it didnt work, but I am now using 12.4(24)T1 and it is working and doing what I want it to do. Darn nice suggestion..... I'll keep tetsing, Thanks.

Hi Chuck

Did you get this working?

Would you mind posting configuration?

Thanks

G

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: