Supervisor Transfer

Answered Question
Jul 29th, 2009
User Badges:

hello i have uccx 5.0.2

i'm creating a script for our callers to be prompted to enter a passcode before they can join a conf call. that works great

i also wanted to record the name of the caller.

it works great

i'd like to play the name of the caller before he joins the conf call or as soon as he joins the conf call. however i don't know how to accomplish this. I don't want to send the call to unity

do you know a step or steps that i need to configure on my script to do this ?

thanks

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 7 years 8 months ago

There is not a clean way of doing this. I will explain a workaround below but I'm not sure how viable it is in real life.

First the limitations that make this problematic:

1) Neither the Call Redirect or Call Consult Transfer steps allow you to play media during or post-transfer. The Call Consult Transfer step comes closest with allowing you to send a DTMF string prior to completing the transfer but no media.

2) If you were to create a second contact and use a Place Call step, you could play the prompt to that contact (the conference bridge); however, you have no method for joining the contacts together. They will remain independent for the duration of the script.

So the workaround:

1) Create a new contact variable, add your Place Call step for the conference bridge, add a Delay to get the timing right, and have the Play Prompt play to that new contact.

2) Terminate the second contact and perform a Call Redirect or Call Consult transfer of the original contact to the conference bridge.

You'll need to play with the timing so you don't step on the entrance tones for example. Also you would hear two tones for each person joining as they (sort of) join twice.

Again, not really ideal and it is susceptible to inconsistent behavior. I always suggest customers invest in an actual conferencing product if they want this level of functionality.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 07/29/2009 - 11:26
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

There is not a clean way of doing this. I will explain a workaround below but I'm not sure how viable it is in real life.

First the limitations that make this problematic:

1) Neither the Call Redirect or Call Consult Transfer steps allow you to play media during or post-transfer. The Call Consult Transfer step comes closest with allowing you to send a DTMF string prior to completing the transfer but no media.

2) If you were to create a second contact and use a Place Call step, you could play the prompt to that contact (the conference bridge); however, you have no method for joining the contacts together. They will remain independent for the duration of the script.

So the workaround:

1) Create a new contact variable, add your Place Call step for the conference bridge, add a Delay to get the timing right, and have the Play Prompt play to that new contact.

2) Terminate the second contact and perform a Call Redirect or Call Consult transfer of the original contact to the conference bridge.

You'll need to play with the timing so you don't step on the entrance tones for example. Also you would hear two tones for each person joining as they (sort of) join twice.

Again, not really ideal and it is susceptible to inconsistent behavior. I always suggest customers invest in an actual conferencing product if they want this level of functionality.

Actions

This Discussion