Helpful
Replies

cannot log you on to this domain

bbtekgraf
Level 1
Level 1

unity 4.2

we are getting the following error:

the system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect.

also we cannot log on locally. i plan to use a boot/disk to recover/set the password since we were not successful resetting the account in AD.

any other suggestions would be appreciated. just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

thanks

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

is this VMO only or is it in a production domain with Exchange, etc?

Sounds like either DNS is not working or the computer account for your unity 4.2 got deleted... if it did.. you will have to DIRT backup, then DIRT restore on a new system fresh load.

thank you for the reply.

this is a production unity server working w/exchange. i believe it's an issue w/dns as this has happened w/a couple of other servers recently.

i have unity backups running each night, but hope it does not come to that.

i'll update after i try using a boot disk to restore a password.

thanks again.

you should be able to log in locally on the Unity box. (without the domain) Unless you made this box

yes we should, but still unable to unfortunately. we did not make this box. it's an hp cisco certified server.

tried to get in locally from AD to local users and groups, but it's showing "access denied".

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: