cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity vs Unity Connection

chevymannie
Level 1
Level 1

I'm familiar with Unity, but not with Unity Connection. We just moved over to CUWL licenses and have a license for Unity connection now. So what is the difference between it and full blown unity? Does it have all the same features?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

High-Level Differences:

Unity is intended for UM, message store is corporate email (Exchange or Domino), Windows 2003 server and is a member server of the domain

Unity Connection is VMO or INTEGRATED Messaging (i.e., IMAP). Message store is internal, Linux platform with Informix DB just like CUCM, CUPS, etc. Can do DirSync but is not dependent upon AD/Exchange, etc.

If your client wants UM, they need Unity. If they want VMO or Integrated Messaging, Unity Connection is the likely answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Messaging Products: Feature Comparison

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

High-Level Differences:

Unity is intended for UM, message store is corporate email (Exchange or Domino), Windows 2003 server and is a member server of the domain

Unity Connection is VMO or INTEGRATED Messaging (i.e., IMAP). Message store is internal, Linux platform with Informix DB just like CUCM, CUPS, etc. Can do DirSync but is not dependent upon AD/Exchange, etc.

If your client wants UM, they need Unity. If they want VMO or Integrated Messaging, Unity Connection is the likely answer.

I was wondering the same thing, thanks DHailey!