cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not access the interface of router

kbjmarch1008
Level 1
Level 1

Was able to do it before but for some reason a certificate kept coming up so I went ahead an installed. Since then I get the following message.....The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.....I proceed and get another dialog box wanting my username and password. I enter and then this message comes up.....The hostname in the server security certificate does not match the name of the server.

Hostname of the URL: <IP Address>
Hostname from the certificate: IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-4217269854

Do you want to proceed?

I click yes and then this message comes up.....

CPEXPRESS Startup Error

CPEXPRESS has not been granted with the necessary privileges in order to startup successfully, or another unknown error occurred during startup.Please close all involved browser windows and try again by granting all requested privileges.

Any suggestions??

TIA

4 Replies 4

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

What router are you using?  This way we can check to see if there are any known issues with this error message.  Thank you.

Thanks for writing. The router is the 861.

This router is a cisco enterprise router, and i am not familiar with this router nor do i have one to test with.  You can try to contact cisco enterprise at 800-553-2447 and see if they can assist you.

You guys ever find a resolution to this?  I'm having the same issue with a 1941 ISR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: