Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

err-disable in ethernet

Hi,

we are having cisco 2960 switch in our network and we are connected 7902 IP Phone and phones are working but when phone power on and off then that port is down and shown that err-disable, we are also do duplex setting on that port stil we are having same problem so how we can resolve this issues ???

10 Replies 10

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

If you have enabled errdisable recovery, you can determine the reason for the errdisable status if you issue the show errdisable recovery command. Here is an example:

cat6knative#show errdisable recovery

ErrDisable Reason Timer Status

----------------- --------------

udld Enabled

bpduguard Enabled

security-violatio Enabled

channel-misconfig Enabled

pagp-flap Enabled

dtp-flap Enabled

link-flap Enabled

l2ptguard Enabled

psecure-violation Enabled

gbic-invalid Enabled

dhcp-rate-limit Enabled

mac-limit Enabled

unicast-flood Enabled

arp-inspection Enabled

Timer interval: 300 seconds

Interfaces that will be enabled at the next timeout:

Interface Errdisable reason Time left(sec)

--------- --------------------- --------------

Fa2/4 bpduguard 273

One you find the reason, you will be able to fix it.

Hi,

I am not enable errdisable recovery command still it's happen if i am enable then also same .?????

if the port is err-disabled you can see the reason with:

sh int status err-disabled

hi,

I cheked "sh int status err-disabled "

and shown that reason "loopback" on interface but the thing is that port coonected to cisco 7902 IP Phone .

Loopback error

A loopback error occurs when the keepalive packet is looped back to the port that sent the keepalive. The switch sends keepalives out all the interfaces by default. A device can loop the packets back to the source interface, which usually occurs because there is a logical loop in the network that the spanning tree has not blocked. The source interface receives the keepalive packet that it sent out, and the switch disables the interface (errdisable). This message occurs because the keepalive packet is looped back to the port that sent the keepalive:

Is the phone directly connected to the switch?

can you post STP related config + interface config

hi,

Yes IP phone directly connected to switch and particular that port we are facing problem.? can you advice me which type of configuration i have to do ?

for access port

if a pc is connected to the phone and in a different vlan

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree bpdugard enable

switchport access vlan x

switchport voice vlan y

switchport nonegotiate

it looks like this is your problem (old document from 2004); 2960 switch is not listed as affected device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/610/fn61863.html

Which IOS are you running?

hi,

Thank you for this but problem is that we have connected only IPPhone there is no pc ot like that ...only one IPPhone 7902 connected.

see previous post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco