Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS Conversion

gururajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have done VSS migration to our CORE and DIST switches and changed the configurations respectively.

We have few issues in the configuration after VSS conversion and need clarifications on the same.

1. OSPF, we enable NSF and we are running BGP as well. Is NSF to be configured in BGP. If so how to do the same?

2. We have configured "mls qos trust dscp" in the Gig interfaces of Sup 720. After VSS, we were not able to apply & getting the below error. (fyi - VSL interfaces are configured in SUP)

COGINCHNTBMDCCORS(config)#int Gi1/5/3

COGINCHNTBMDCCORS(config-if)#mls qos trust dscp

HWIF-QOS: QoS configs are not allowed on VSL Portgroup

COGINCHNTBMDCCORS(config)#int Gi2/5/3

COGINCHNTBMDCCORS(config-if)#mls qos trust dscp

HWIF-QOS: QoS configs are not allowed on VSL Portgroup

Regards,

Guru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guru,

1. Please use the command " bgp graceful-restart " under the router bgp configuration.

Please use the link below for more advanced config on the same :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ftbgpnsf.html

2. QOS configuration i.e policy maps used for classification or policing are forbidden on the VSL and its respective members. This feature will be addressed in future software releases.

The virtual switching system automatically configures VSL ports for trust CoS, using default CoS mappings (you cannot change the mappings on VSL

ports).

The virtual switching system disables the QoS commands on VSL ports (and any non-VSL ports on the same ASIC). For example, you cannot use QoS queuing or map commands on VSL ports.

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guru,

1. Please use the command " bgp graceful-restart " under the router bgp configuration.

Please use the link below for more advanced config on the same :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ftbgpnsf.html

2. QOS configuration i.e policy maps used for classification or policing are forbidden on the VSL and its respective members. This feature will be addressed in future software releases.

The virtual switching system automatically configures VSL ports for trust CoS, using default CoS mappings (you cannot change the mappings on VSL

ports).

The virtual switching system disables the QoS commands on VSL ports (and any non-VSL ports on the same ASIC). For example, you cannot use QoS queuing or map commands on VSL ports.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply.

for the 2nd point, we are not configuring QoS in VSL members. We are only trying in other Gig interfaces in the Supervisor.

Regards,

Guru

Hi Amit,

Sorry i missed the last point. So we cannot change QoS settings in any of the interfaces in the sup module.

is my understanding right?

Regards,

Guru

Yes Guru.

-amit singh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card