cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941G phones will not boot up after factory reset.

davidlu766
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 7941G phones will not boot up after factory reset.

The following happens.

1. Speaker light lit (Green)

2. Phone displays a firmware upgrade page (see attachment) for a few minutes. (Doesn't seems to be upgrading, but it "saids" upgrading)

3. Saw Cisco logo with a Java Powered page.

4. The whole thing loops again and again...

I think the reason why the phone isn't booting up is because the phone needs to know where to find the configuration/firmware files from a tftp server. I do have a TFTP server, but normally I need to go in settings to change the alternative tftp server, but the thing is that now I can't even press the settings button...

Please help.

4 Replies 4

ldardon
Level 1
Level 1

How many phones were reset and upgrading at one time? What is the setting of the TFTP Maximum Serving Count (Advanced TFTP Service Parm) on each of the TFTP servers?

Sounds like too many devices trying to use TFTP at once.

One. Also I am using what they called an "Alternative TFTP Server", so I need to somehow access the settings menu and make the changes since the phone doesn't know where to get the TFTP files after a factory reset...

WTF? Why isn't there an answer for this? This guy asked over a month ago? Can we get to the settings on these phones after factory reset or not?

No you can't go to the settings because factory reset actually erases the firmware image, until is not reload there isn't anything you can do.