cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice gateway issue.......

baskaranm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have 2 H.323 VGW. each gateway contains 3 PRI links. RG & RL has been configured properly and associated with route pattern in the call amanger.

what I want is, IF ALL VGW1 LINKS ARE BUSY CALL WILL ROUTED TO VGW2 (OR) VGW1 ANG VGW1 LINKS FAILED THEN ONLY CALLS WILL WILL BE ROUTED TO VG2.

BECAUSE OUR REQUIREMENT IS IF ALL THE LINKS IN VGW1 ARE BUSY CALLS HAS TO BE REDIRECTED TO VGW2. BUT ONE OF OUR COLINGUE IS TELLING VG1 OR ALL VGW1 LINKS FAILED THEN ONLY IT WILL ROUTE TO VGW2.

my requirement is automatically it has to route the call to second VGW.

my one more idea is if we create one voip dial peer with lower priority which points to another gateway! will it work? any idea please...

RG ABD RL HAS BEEN CONFIGURED PROPERLY.

3 Replies 3

sebastiandm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If your links are full you will need to speak to your carrier to arrange for the failover to occur on the links themselves. As far as i know i dont think the gateway has the capability of detecting when your links are at maximum capacity and then route the next incoming call to the next gateway.

It's not about gateway but call manager. CM have to know and should knows when first line is full. Anyway this is 3rd post about the same issue.

edison_abad
Level 1
Level 1

set your callmanger service parameters:

Clusterwide Parameters (Route Plan)

Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag = False (Default is True)

Stop Routing on User Busy Flag = False (Default is True)

then in your route group, set the distribution algorithm to top-down having a preference on VG01