Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO test in Remote Location.

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

I have four routers in a remote location used as an FXO gatway, and its communicating with CM6.1 using MGCP.

Is there a way to check whether the FXO line is connected, and that there is a dial tone available on this port or not?

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug vpm signal" with "term mon" when making a call, if there is no current loop it will be easy to tell, as it generates an error.

The other obvious test is to call into that line and observe the same debug for incoming ring.

View solution in original post

If you do a 'debug vpm signal' and you see this: htsp_process_event: [2/1, FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_DSP_SIG_1100]fxols_power_denial_proc

That means there isn't a device giving dial tone normally.

If it's good, you'll see things like CALL_PROC, VOICE_CUTOVER, etc.

hth,

nick

Correct, there is no way to know without calling. Remember, CO sends dialtone only when phone goes off-hook.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug vpm signal" with "term mon" when making a call, if there is no current loop it will be easy to tell, as it generates an error.

The other obvious test is to call into that line and observe the same debug for incoming ring.

Thanks..

But what kind of debug message should I expect when making a call to outside - outgoing direction- ?

And does that mean there is no way to check whether the dial tone is available and the connection is UP without calling in or out to that port? It will be easier than calling 10 lines.

Thanks again.

If you do a 'debug vpm signal' and you see this: htsp_process_event: [2/1, FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_DSP_SIG_1100]fxols_power_denial_proc

That means there isn't a device giving dial tone normally.

If it's good, you'll see things like CALL_PROC, VOICE_CUTOVER, etc.

hth,

nick

Thanks .... that would be enough for me.

Appreciated.

Correct, there is no way to know without calling. Remember, CO sends dialtone only when phone goes off-hook.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

mmm, it will go like this.

The router to imitate call initiation, it off-hook the FXO port, detect the signal, and give a message that a dial-tone has been detected.

Anyways, Thanks for both of you for your time, my problem has been solved. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: