Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset default factory command on ASA ,Router and Switch

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to ask you about how to reset default factory on ASA,Router and Switch ( i mean it similar wr erase but if we do command wr erase all the command is gone, so i would like to original command on product.

Best Regards,

Rechard

4 Replies 4

mmacdonald70
Level 1
Level 1

The only way to reset the ASA to factory defaults is with the "wr era" command or the "clear configure" command.

If these commands are not available due to a password issue (ie can't remember the enable password) you will need to reset the passwords:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1058131

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

ASA

conf t

configure factory-default

Router: I dont know if there is such a command.

might be depending on model of router and software version.

so wr er and then reload is the closest I know off

Switch:

I do not know of such a command, might exist depending on model and software version

so wr er and then do a reload is the closest I know of.

Good luck

HTH

Hello, on a Cisco ASA from enable mode:

(config)# configure factory-default

Enter and there you go!

Hello

ASA
conf t

configure factory-default

reload save-config noconfirm

Switch
write erase
delete flash:vlan.dat

reload

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card