cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless can't share network with wire.

suwan_netmarks
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4400 controller and AP 1000 series on my network that the problem is when we connected with wireless lan network then we'll can not share file or share network and share printer with wire network. what's cause of this problem ? please you advise me.

5 Replies 5

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

This was an issue in the earlier releases of the controller code but should work with the later versions. It has to do with how packets were routed through the controller with dynamic interfaces. Depending on the version of code you are running the way to put wired and wireless on the same VLAN is to use the management interface.

it's lastest version on controller and my network is wired (Vlan99) and Wireless (Vlan98)that i can ping from wireless to wire but can't share thus network. i not sure for another site that have the problem the same me or not ?

PS. i try browse to share printer on my network but can't share it.

How are your printers shared? You may want to try creating another another WIRED vlan and ensure that both wired vlans can access shared printers across the wired vlans.

share printer thus wire vlan and browse to printer by direct. if i used wired vlan can access share printer normally but if used wireless thus controller that can't share. please you advise me.

What is issuing IP addresses to the Wireless users? If you use the WLC DHCP server I have seen this problem before, try a different DHCP server on the domain to issue addresses and try again.

Also are you trying to access the devices by IP Address or DNS? Can the users/WLC ping the printers? Do you have the correct DNS server specified in the dynamic interface?

Few bits to ponder. Hope this helps.

Mat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card