cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which code use on a VSS system - Cisco future direction?

jbrauer
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have maintained our production VSS system with 12.2.33 ... ipbasek9-vz codes, e.g.

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXH2a.bin

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI.bin

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI1.bin

Now I ve stumped over the fact that these codes are from the SW download section titled "Sup720 with MSFC3" - the VSS download section does NOT offer these codes - this code here in the VSS section comes closest to the one we use:

s72033-advipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI1.bin

Surprisingly the last 3 ...ipservicesk9... code leves work on the VSS without noticeable problems...

However I cannot eFSU / issu upgrade from ...ipservicesk9... to ...advipservicesk9....

Now my question: This is a high availability system requiring ISSU upgrades. Might Cisco in the future give up supporting the ...ipservicesk9... code on the VSS forcing me to migrate to ...advipservices..., which requires a downtime?

Thanks and regards - Joachim

3 Replies 3

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joachim.

I just checked the download pages for sup720-10G and found this:

s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-33.SXI2.bin

As I see it that's what you need.

HTH

Hi Ingolf,

sorry for the late reply. Thank you - yes I ve seen that image. However I have found that a family change from ipservicesk9... to ipservicesk9_wan... requires downtime (RPR upgrade). So my question is: Will Cisco in the future stop VSS support in the ipservicesk9_vz images (which are not found on the VSS sw download page).

Then I would have to go to one of the images of the VSS sw download page, needing a downtime during the upgrade.

Hi Joachim.

I see your point. Unfortunately I do not know the answer. Hopefully some of the Cisco guys in this forum can answer?

Rgds, Ingolf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card