cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which code use on a VSS system - Cisco future direction?

jbrauer
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have maintained our production VSS system with 12.2.33 ... ipbasek9-vz codes, e.g.

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXH2a.bin

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI.bin

s72033-ipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI1.bin

Now I ve stumped over the fact that these codes are from the SW download section titled "Sup720 with MSFC3" - the VSS download section does NOT offer these codes - this code here in the VSS section comes closest to the one we use:

s72033-advipservicesk9-vz.122-33.SXI1.bin

Surprisingly the last 3 ...ipservicesk9... code leves work on the VSS without noticeable problems...

However I cannot eFSU / issu upgrade from ...ipservicesk9... to ...advipservicesk9....

Now my question: This is a high availability system requiring ISSU upgrades. Might Cisco in the future give up supporting the ...ipservicesk9... code on the VSS forcing me to migrate to ...advipservices..., which requires a downtime?

Thanks and regards - Joachim

3 Replies 3

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joachim.

I just checked the download pages for sup720-10G and found this:

s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-33.SXI2.bin

As I see it that's what you need.

HTH

Hi Ingolf,

sorry for the late reply. Thank you - yes I ve seen that image. However I have found that a family change from ipservicesk9... to ipservicesk9_wan... requires downtime (RPR upgrade). So my question is: Will Cisco in the future stop VSS support in the ipservicesk9_vz images (which are not found on the VSS sw download page).

Then I would have to go to one of the images of the VSS sw download page, needing a downtime during the upgrade.

Hi Joachim.

I see your point. Unfortunately I do not know the answer. Hopefully some of the Cisco guys in this forum can answer?

Rgds, Ingolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco