Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Client always "On the Phone"

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM6.1 with Presence 6.0. Everyone (about 100 users) is working fine with CUPC, except for one user - who always shows up as "On the Phone". If he's online, is says "Online, On the Phone", if he's offline it says "Offline, On the Phone".

I've disassociated and reset all devices with his DN and it still show as on the phone.

I've logged into another PC with his info, same status.

I've reset the SIP trunk between CallManager and Presence. I've also restarted the SIP Proxy and Presence Engine services, still no joy.

I've have no idea what is happenning. Is there a way to reset someone's presence profile or something like that?? I'm out of ideas....

Thanks in advance,

Neil

11 Replies 11

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You need to look at presence engine logs and search for "PUBLISH SIP:userid". It'll tell you where the "on-the-phone" status is from.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael - thanks for the reply.

I'm not entirely sure where to get these logs. I've had a look at teh RTMT and gone through the trace log for Cisco Presence Engine but it then asks me to select dbl, dbnotify or sdl. Neither of which contain any SIP messages.

Can you give me some direction??

Thanks,

Neil

The second screen is a continuation of the 1st screen. It's not a "sub-category". Just click next to skip that.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure I have the right log, but this is what I got. i don't see any NOTIFY messages.

I think I may be looking in the wrong place. So I'm running RTMT, click Trace & Log Central, Real Time Trace, select node, select product (CUP), select service (Presence Engine), select trace log file trype (sdi), skip next screen. This is what i get??

Thanks,

Neil

1) You need to set the trace level to 'debug'. Go to CUPS Serviceability web page > Trace > Configuration > Cisco UP Presence Engine.

2) You need to log in as the user that was having the problem and make sure the problem did occur.

3) Get the trace again and let me know the user ID.

Michael

Hi Michael - see attached. user ID is 3589 and I can see the notify messages now, but don't know how to figure out what is setting the status.

Appreciate your help,

Neil

The keyword we search is "PUBLISH sip:3589". What version is the CUCM? And what IP address are the CUCM servers?

Thanks!

Michael

They're 172.20.250.10 (PUB) and 172.20.251.10 (SUB) and it's CUCM6.1. The CUPS server is 172.20.250.30

Thanks,

Neil

I don't see any PUBLISH from CUCM. Could you enlarge the time frame and get more traces?

Michael

Thanks Michael - I will try that.

However just on what you said there about seeing nothing from CUCM. The BLF icon of the DN is not showing off-hook so as far as CUCM is concerned, he is not "On the Phone".

If I look his name up in the corporate directory, the BLF icon is on-hook, and goes off hook when I left his phone. So CUCM seems to see it ok??

Not sure if that is relevent??

BLF is different with CUPS presence.

When the phone off hook, CUCM should send PUBLISH SIP messages to CUPS. If not, we have to troubleshoot from CUCM first.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: