I'm slightly confused by a few things and having problems getting this working.
I have the icons at the top of the CAD, but they are both greyed out.
I have configured a "Mail Server" and "E-Mail address" in appadmin under "subsystems/Email".
But also in the web Desktop Administrator there is a section for "Agent Email Settings" which I can't seem to get it to accept any combination under the IMAP/SMTP settings.
A few questions:
1) What is the relationship between what is done in appadmin and the desktop administrator?
2) How many different email address queues can be built? It seems only a single email address for the whole system maybe? I can't see where a relationship of a different incoming email address is assigned to a queue, only a send email address in desktop administrator.
3) What are the ports and examples settings for the Desktop Administrator E-mail settings Global Settings? (in the documentation it shows settings with just a single name against the "Username" part, but in the actual explanation it shows a format of domain/account/alias).
Any hints on how to get this working greatly appreciated.
1) None. The AppAdmin Email Subsystem is for performing SMTP operations within a script. CDA's Agent Email Settings configuration is for configuring the email routing capabilities.
2) You need to create Email type CSQs within AppAdmin. You will then have the ability to assign one or more email addresses within CDA for that CSQ.
3) I have mine configured with the UPN format ([email protected]); however, whatever value your IMAP and SMTP service are expecting is what goes here. The same story for ports: Whatever your mail server is running on. Note there is a bug for secure IMAP that was fixed in 7.0(1)SR3.