cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 licensing

lbrenne
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to provide analog phone service for various properties they manage. They would use a centralized Call Manager, either BE or CUCM. They have data network connectivity to the buidings that have cat 1 or 3 cable. I want to install VG224s at the locations to provide analog phone service. From other posts, it does not appear that I need DLUs for the VG224s. Is there a limit to how many VG224s I can have on the BE platform? Does each port count as a user against the 500 user limit?

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I built a VG224 in my CUCM 7 system, added 24 ports, built a DN and checked the license, no license was used.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It most definitely counts toward your platform limitation. The 500 users is a reasonably achievable number determined by a certain load profile on the server. In reality, each individual thing, such as a SCCP-registered port on a VG224, has an incremental impact on the system.

The UCM Sizing Tool allows you to build a profile for the MCS7828 but does not account for Unity Connections or Business Edition explicitly.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/CT/PGWCT/ct.cgi

Otherwise I am not aware of a way to profile the UCM-BE holistically. I admittedly have not searched for one heavily though.