VTI-based ezvpn server, 2800: not bringing down VTIs, not removing routes

Unanswered Question
Jul 30th, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm running 12.4(22)T1 on a 2821, serving ezvpn for VPN clients. It's configured to use VTIs rather than dynamic crypto maps. IPs are assigned statically by Radius. Occasionally, I get the following problem:

Client disconnects, but the Virtual-AccessXX interface doesn't go down, and the route for that client's IP address remains in the routing table for ever (only a reload can help), so there is always a route to the client's VPN IP via one endpoint (which is no longer valid). There is no way to bring the interface down or remove the route. Crypto SA's are long gone, but for some reason the VTI remains active (up, line protocol down). Effectively, the client can no longer use his VPN and I have to change his IP address. This happens on average two, three times per month. The only way I can get rid of the VTI and route is by reloading the router. Even removing the route would suffice, but there is no way to do it. I have split tunneling enabled and no NAT is taking place for those VPNs. Virtual Templates are pretty much straightforward, just with traffic-shape, but other than that nothing unusual.

I used the Bug Toolkit but didn't find anything relevant.

Any clues?

Many thanks,

Wojciech

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion