cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Operate door contact closure while on a phone call

m_poublon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is using a viking relay controller that is attached to an FXO port on the voice gateway. I have speed dials programmed on the phone that send the correct digits out the FXO port to operate the relays which unlock doors.

Everything is currently working, however, the client doesn't like that they have to put a call on hold to operate the door relays under the current config.

Is there a different way to configure this so that an on-going call is not interupted when someone needs to be let through the door(s)?

The Viking device in use is an RC-3.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not see any way to do that. Your customer should understand that the PBX keeps the call separated as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not see any way to do that. Your customer should understand that the PBX keeps the call separated as expected.

Thanks for the reply.

I figured that would be the answer based on how I know the phone system works, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

The reason that it came up was that thier old phone system was programmed with a few buttons that independantly operated the door relays without affecting any phone calls.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: