Dial peer issues need help, callers get dial tone

Answered Question
Jul 30th, 2009

I just migrated to our UC500 for a 2600XM.  I am having an issue with dial peers I beleive.  For the most part everything is functioning fine except some incoming calls.  Most seem to work fine but I have 2 that I know of where callers from 2 specific area codes dial in and get a dial tone.  They can actually dial a new number form there or a ext and it connects.  I have 4 digit exts and have added the 10 digit E.164 number and registered both.

How can I determine what the issue is to fix it.  There are a number of pre built dial peers in there form Cisco

How can I for the time being block anyone form dialing through me.

Can I use the dial peer test to determine the issue or debug?

Thanks for the help.

Correct Answer by peter.rowe@c-mar.com about 7 years 6 months ago

It certainly sounds like your inbound calls are matching a dial-peer that does not have direct-inward-dial enabled.

try a "debug voice dial-peer" and you will see which is being matched.

a sample E1 inbound dial-peer (important stuff in bold)

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots
description E1 incoming
translation-profile incoming ISDN  (this is to translate digits via a translation rule called ISDN - not shown)
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/0:15

!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
peter.rowe@c-mar.com Fri, 07/31/2009 - 02:57

It certainly sounds like your inbound calls are matching a dial-peer that does not have direct-inward-dial enabled.

try a "debug voice dial-peer" and you will see which is being matched.

a sample E1 inbound dial-peer (important stuff in bold)

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots
description E1 incoming
translation-profile incoming ISDN  (this is to translate digits via a translation rule called ISDN - not shown)
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/0:15

!

Actions

This Discussion