cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 downgrade from 8.2.1, HTTP upload problem

cmcbride
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5505 running 8.2.1. Will there be any problem if I downgrade and reboot it into 8.0.4?

The reason I'm looking at doing this is since I switched the customer to this firewall/ISP connection they've been unable to HTTP upload to various sites from any computer/browser reliably. Previously going through a different ISP and a 5505 running 7.2.3, it worked fine.

thanks.

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

The one worry I would have when downgrading from 8.2.1 to 8.0.4 is if you have made changes under 8.2.1 and used new features that 8.0.4 does not have, so I think it comes down to how much changes you have made under 8.2.1 from the time it used to run a previous version but if you have not make major chnages using new features in 8.2.1 you could downgrade. I would suggest to look at release notes for both versions and make comparison assesment to be on safe side. Other than simple access-lists ect.. static nating etc..you should be fine.. always backup configs if using different code versions so you can always fall back with a reliable config backup.

Have you troubleshoot the http issue before considering downgrading.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Good advice. It's a pretty basic config, so I don't think I'll have problems.

FYI, I think we found the source of the HTTP upload problem. I'd overlooked a duplex mismatch issue on the outside interface. I fixed that and things are working better.

Thanks.

Chris, good findings on fixing transmission issues.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: