cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 downgrade from 8.2.1, HTTP upload problem

cmcbride
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5505 running 8.2.1. Will there be any problem if I downgrade and reboot it into 8.0.4?

The reason I'm looking at doing this is since I switched the customer to this firewall/ISP connection they've been unable to HTTP upload to various sites from any computer/browser reliably. Previously going through a different ISP and a 5505 running 7.2.3, it worked fine.

thanks.

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

The one worry I would have when downgrading from 8.2.1 to 8.0.4 is if you have made changes under 8.2.1 and used new features that 8.0.4 does not have, so I think it comes down to how much changes you have made under 8.2.1 from the time it used to run a previous version but if you have not make major chnages using new features in 8.2.1 you could downgrade. I would suggest to look at release notes for both versions and make comparison assesment to be on safe side. Other than simple access-lists ect.. static nating etc..you should be fine.. always backup configs if using different code versions so you can always fall back with a reliable config backup.

Have you troubleshoot the http issue before considering downgrading.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Good advice. It's a pretty basic config, so I don't think I'll have problems.

FYI, I think we found the source of the HTTP upload problem. I'd overlooked a duplex mismatch issue on the outside interface. I fixed that and things are working better.

Thanks.

Chris, good findings on fixing transmission issues.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card