cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 7.0.3 & CUCM 6 - Help me get started

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

can someone point me in the right direction to get cer configured? ive been reading the admin guide and i understand the basics but i cant seem to get started. Does any one have directions other than the admin guide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the admin guide really is the best way to do it.

one word of advice, do not use 911 as your testing number :). Use a 4 digit extension as the number you use to "dial" 911. Then when cucm goes to dial the 4 digit number, convert it to your cell number.

Basically, the end results, when you dial this 4 digit extension, it goes to CER, CER looks up the ERL zone, masks the number as the callback zone, pushes it to CUCM, CUCM then calls your cell phone. Caller ID will show the ERL zone the phone called from.

Once it's all tested from each zone, switch back to 911.

But it does sound like you need to read a little more to get a better understanding how CER works.

great idea! ill do that.

I'm currently configuring CER and it's a pain but ill keep this thread updated for others who need help. I can see why TAC doesn't want to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: