Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice QoS problems over a Point to Point. Cisco

ChAbel408
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

Before I start let me show you a diagram I have created that might help explain my situation and have attached it. My post is pretty long because I have included peices of configuration of each router/switch, so I have included a lot of it in the attached file.

Ok so this is my problem:

My users in the PTP 2 (the red PTP) are complaining that calls are cutting in and out on outbound calls. Not very often, but enough to make them complain. When I talk to them over the other point to point they say I cut in and out, but I hear them perfectly fine. I assume that other outside the network can hear them fine as well. On inbound calls they say everything is fine.

I should mention that I am new to cisco routers and new to this network. The only piece of this network I set up was the second point to point (the red one).

I would love if someone could point me in the right diection or go through some troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if you need more information.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No need for attachments. Just mention if you configured QoS on the circuit, or not.

Also good a idea would be to take guidance from a reputable professional, take no offense but you seem very fresh to networking to support business needs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card