Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice QoS problems over a Point to Point. Cisco

ChAbel408
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

Before I start let me show you a diagram I have created that might help explain my situation and have attached it. My post is pretty long because I have included peices of configuration of each router/switch, so I have included a lot of it in the attached file.

Ok so this is my problem:

My users in the PTP 2 (the red PTP) are complaining that calls are cutting in and out on outbound calls. Not very often, but enough to make them complain. When I talk to them over the other point to point they say I cut in and out, but I hear them perfectly fine. I assume that other outside the network can hear them fine as well. On inbound calls they say everything is fine.

I should mention that I am new to cisco routers and new to this network. The only piece of this network I set up was the second point to point (the red one).

I would love if someone could point me in the right diection or go through some troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if you need more information.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No need for attachments. Just mention if you configured QoS on the circuit, or not.

Also good a idea would be to take guidance from a reputable professional, take no offense but you seem very fresh to networking to support business needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card