cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

imap unity connection question

giovanni.cock
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i would like to know if is it possible to send the audio messages to the e-mail like an attached file to the owner without having to configure in each user an imap account, because i have a customer with 900 employees..if it is...what do you suggest?

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have Unity Connection SMTP relay out the voicemail message as an attachment to the end user. The only issue is that it's a copy, so the MWI stays ON and will not turn off until the person logs into the TUI to delete the message.

hi, do you know the procedure to enable the SMTP relay? thanks

configure a smart host in the system settings.

Then on the user, configure the Message Actions for it Accept the message and Relay or just relay the message.

Hey Tommer :-)

Just found your forum post today and it helped resolve a problem with notification for our Unity Connection users with mobile phones or primarily use OWA who didn't care about MWI and wanted just relay. Thanks for being there!!

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi Guys,

UCN 7.

I've a similar setup,SMTP-relay messages are going to enterprise e-mail ids however when pointing the relay address to some external hotmail.com or yahoo.com account it fails.

M unable to find out any documentation explaning this behavior if expected, any troubleshooting assistance.

Have you configured your Unity connection or tested it to send messages to external e-mails ids (hotmail.com or yahoo.com) via SMTP relay? The SMTP server can successfully send messages to hotmail.com or yahoo.com id, fyi.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Have you confirmed that your SMTP relay host will allow the Unity Connection host to relay to an external SMTP address?  I have worked with some relays that had access controls around "who" can send "where".

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill,

Microsoft Exchange administrator has confirmed he has given UCN permissions to send e-mails to external domains. Are you saying it is supported and UCN should  be able to relay to external domains provided permissions are given? If yes, I'll push the administrator to re-check it and I insist to see it myself configured on the exchange side.

Thanks for your comment,

inner_silence

Yes, I am saying it should work.  I recommended that you check on the relay host because that seems to be a common issue I come across with Cisco UC products that rely on SMTP relay features.  I recommend checking that you have a smarthost defined in Unity Connection.  If you are using FQDN, ensure that the name is resolvable.  I would check any network filters/ACLs and firewalls between CUC and the SMTP smarthost. I would test SMTP notification through the smarthost from CUC.  Test SMTP notification/relay to "internal addresses".  Break out the logs and see where the relay is dying.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify