Exporting LMS 3.2 Campus Manager End Host Data via CLI or cron job

Unanswered Question
Jul 30th, 2009

We are trying to import CM End Host Data into a SAS server. We are looking for the CLI commands to capture the data or the parameters/script to run a cron job. Does anyone know if this is possible? If anyone has this working, do you have the CLI or script info?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Sipes

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/30/2009 - 16:54

You can get this data in either CSV or XML format, or by directly connecting to the database. To get the data in CSV format, run:

NMSROOT/campus/bin/ut -cli -u admin -p admin -query all

To get the data in XML format, run:

NMSROOT/campus/bin/cmexport ut -u admin -p admin -host -query all

To use direct database access, see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/database_schema/guide/dbviews.html .

yjdabear Thu, 07/30/2009 - 16:59

If you want all the columns exported, include the "-layout all" option, as in:

NMSROOT/campus/bin/ut -cli -query all -layout all -export /path/to/output.ext -u admin -p pass

dave_sipes Mon, 08/03/2009 - 13:21

Thank you for the information. I ran the ut commnads and I am able to export the data. I have more questions. 1. Can we export only certain data, i.e, Port Name or Vlan id? 2. Is there a Man page for the UT commands?

Thanks for your help.

dave_sipes Mon, 08/03/2009 - 15:01

Joe,

The information that you have provided has been great. However, I am still having one issue with the CLI. When I use the Layout Name; [./ut -cli -u test21 -p test21 -query all -layout Ops_Ex], I receive an error:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.utng.application.UTDataManager).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

ERROR UTCLI: Error loading preferences. Ops_Ex is not a valid layout name for this user. I can access the query and layout with the UI. Any help would be most appreciative.

Thank-you,

Dave Sipes

dave_sipes Mon, 08/03/2009 - 15:26

Yes, I created the test21 account under CS with permission to export data. I created the layout under the test21 account. I can run the command [./ut -cli -u test21 -p test21 -query all -layout default] and receive all the data. It is only when I try to use the custom layout Ops_Ex that it fails.

Joe Clarke Mon, 08/03/2009 - 15:33

I cannot reproduce. I created a new user, test21 with Help Desk and Export Data privilege. I went to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Custom Layouts, and created a new layout called Basic with Port Name and VLAN Id. I then went to the command line, and ran:

ut -cli -u test21 -p test21 -query all -layout Basic

It worked.

This could be a permissions problem on your server. Check NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/users/test21.ut.preferences to make sure casuser can write to this file. It should contain all of the available layout data.

dave_sipes Mon, 08/03/2009 - 16:03

Ok, I deleted and recreate the account. It is working fine now.

Thank you for your help and support!

Dave Sipes

Actions

This Discussion