Views
Helpful
Replies

Centralised topology using cme in srst and cucm be

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some clarification, this is my first centralised topology that we are configuring. The HQ has cucm be 7 and remote has cme. I want to have the remote site connect to the HQ and use cme in srst mode for fall back. I am a bit confused with something though, what protocol does the voice gateway at the HQ has to configured with, is it H323? I saw this in a cisco press book but with no explanantion why.. I would like someone to guide me as to what is the best way.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use either mgcp, h323 or sip. I recommend h323 because it's the most established, feature-rich, and easy to configure.

In any case, once the local router looses contact with centralCM, it reverts to CME mode.

Thanks for the advice,

It is surprising that you mentioned that h323 is easy to configure I have actually heard otherwise but have never configured it myself.

I start my configs next week so I will let u know.

Another question, when someone calls the remote site pilot number can this number be made to forward to the same auto-attendant that is at the HQ so that callers can access the same option?

And can external calling be forwarded through the remote site analog lines instead of through the HQ or both?

H.323 is easier because it requires only a simple DP configuration rather than a myriad of obscure mgcp commands, even more for srts configuration.

Then, answer to both your questions is yes.

I would recommend anyway you hire a reputable professional for the job because doing things 100% correct the first time can be a very long and frustrating process.

Thanks for the help and advice

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: