Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from LMS 3.1 to 3.2 Fails

brianhill88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade from LMS 3.1 to 3.2. The installation starts by doing a backup. The backup is 52 GB. It takes about 45 minutes to complete the backup (I know it's finished because the size of the backup folder stops increasing and it is the size the installation program predicted). At this point the installation just hangs and becomes unresponsive. I'm running this on Windows 2003 R2 Standard x64 edition. Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the backup is done, the lock file will disappear in the backup directory. After the backup completes, validation is done, so you may want to wait longer. However, if you already have a good backup, you can run setup as:

setup.exe nobackup

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the backup is done, the lock file will disappear in the backup directory. After the backup completes, validation is done, so you may want to wait longer. However, if you already have a good backup, you can run setup as:

setup.exe nobackup

Thank you! Running with the nobackup worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: