cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP AP constantly disassociating

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

Recently two H-REAP AP's I have installed at a remote site are constantly reassociating with the controller (every 30 seconds). The WAN link is fine and there has been no changes since installation. The trap message is "AP 'UKGLRF01', MAC: 00:21:d8:7e:1a:30 disassociated previously due to AP Reset."

The AP's are connected via a power injector.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

A little more information to add...

I have connected to one of the AP's and the reason why this is happening is because the AP's attempts to join the controller but whilst attempting to contact the AP manager it times out and resets.

I can, however, confirm that there is no association problem so its cant be an interface problem.

H-reap is adversely affected by high latency times: @300ms for the upper limit.

Have you measured latency back to the controller? Also, what is the type & size of the wan link?

This was my first thought but see no issue with the WAN. I believe it is DSL but not sure if it is ADSL or SDSL (MPLS).

We typically expect and see no more than 50ms response, but in peaks we will see 150+.

One thing I am asking our provider, is to see if proxy ARP requests are being accepted at both gateways...I just wonder if there has been a change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: